Thursday 13 September 2012

Switch panels and checklists

I stayed up far too late planning my switch panels and drawing them out in Powerpoint. I'm sure there's a better way of doing this.

I decided to start with standard panel size of 7.25" x 2", which is the same as the GoFlight modules I'm looking at. This way I should be able to cut standard sized holes for all my panels and swap them around if required.




I printed them off and stuck them to the MIP to get a feel for dimensions etc.

I'd like a panel on either side of the yoke, but there isn't enough clearance behind the MIP.

I want to make sure I have all the switches I need for all the types I fly, so I am planning on printing off a checklist for every type and doing dry runs with the dummy panels, to identify anything I may have missed.

Freechecklists.net is a great resource for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment