Wednesday 12 September 2012

Switch panels and radio stacks

Today I have mostly been thinking about switch panels and radio stacks.

I need a way of making good quality panels, with crisp white text on a black background. There are a lot of options, so I've decided to build all the panels first in hardboard, and when I'm happy that they are all okay I'll decide on a way of making the final versions. This should give me plenty of time to research.

These are the options so far. I'll flesh out the detail later.

Sticky labels
Transparencies
Perspex (backlit)
Use a sign maker (backlit)

For the radio stack I am pretty much decided on GoFlight.

They are twice as much as the Saitek one, but look far more professional. I'll keep an eye on eBay and monitor the forums to see if anyone is selling some off cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment